Go back to previous page
Forum URL: http://www.eyrie-productions.com/Forum/dcboard.cgi
Forum Name: Symphony of the Sword / The Order of the Rose
Topic ID: 462
#0, TFLF Chapter 2
Posted by Nova Floresca on Oct-03-14 at 04:30 AM
Wait, when did it become Friday? Anyway, on with the show!

-I'm really enjoying these pieces, in spite of (well, okay, because of) the fact that there's nothing really going on. Mr. Horigame throwing the horns was excellent.

-Mugi claims to have planted a tracker in Sawako, and what's the reaction? "Well, that's convenient." Not "What?", "How?", or even "Why?". If she had been wound up a bit more, I could almost see Mio following up with "when did you put one in me and how do you get rid of it?!". I could also see an adult Mugi taking over the Magnificent 10, just to show them how to properly run a railroad. (And then secretly putting them to work for the Good Guys, because she's not evil, after all; just the Lawful Good equivalent of a supervillain).

"This is probably a stupid question, but . . ."


#1, RE: TFLF Chapter 2
Posted by Gryphon on Oct-03-14 at 01:05 PM
In response to message #0
(moved thread to appropriate forum; I know Chapter 2 is a little confusing in that regard, in that Korra appears in it, but TFLF isn't part of the Dìqiú Suite. :)

>-Mugi claims to have planted a tracker in Sawako, and what's the
>reaction? "Well, that's convenient."

In fairness, that was Yui's reaction, and the others were all a bit preoccupied staring out the window.

>Not "What?", "How?", or even "Why?".

Mugi explained what and how, and why was obvious. :)

>If she had been wound up a bit more, I could almost see Mio
>following up with "when did you put one in me and how do you
>get rid of it?!"

That didn't actually occur to her until fairly late that night...

>I could also see an adult Mugi taking over the
>Magnificent 10, just to show them how to properly run a railroad.

Well, I have rather suspected for a while now that the Kotobuki Group is actually some kind of vast extralegal syndicate, and the things like the music store the girls go to and that tea shop they worked at in one episode are just the Legitimate Fronts. In this view, Mugi is sort of the family's Michael Corleone. You can see her in her mid-20s, talking with her mysterious never-seen father about how he always hoped she would be Senator Kotobuki, or Governor Kotobuki, or something...

--G.
-><-
Benjamin D. Hutchins, Co-Founder, Editor-in-Chief, & Forum Mod
Eyrie Productions, Unlimited http://www.eyrie-productions.com/
zgryphon at that email service Google has
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.


#2, RE: TFLF Chapter 2
Posted by Croaker on Oct-03-14 at 01:45 PM
In response to message #1
>(moved thread to appropriate forum; I know Chapter 2 is
>a little confusing in that regard, in that Korra appears in it, but
>TFLF isn't part of the Dìqiú Suite. :)

>
>>-Mugi claims to have planted a tracker in Sawako, and what's the
>>reaction? "Well, that's convenient."
>
>In fairness, that was Yui's reaction, and the others were all a
>bit preoccupied staring out the window.
>
>>Not "What?", "How?", or even "Why?".

Well, there was Ritsu, with her casual "That's our Mugi-chan."
Like she -expects- Mugi to come up with something totally off-the-wall, like, oh, I dunno, a vacation home on Suomi IV....


>Well, I have rather suspected for a while now that the Kotobuki
>Group is actually some kind of vast extralegal syndicate, and the
>things like the music store the girls go to and that tea shop they
>worked at in one episode are just the Legitimate Fronts. In this
>view, Mugi is sort of the family's Michael Corleone. You can see her
>in her mid-20s, talking with her mysterious never-seen father about
>how he always hoped she would be Senator Kotobuki, or
>Governor Kotobuki, or something...

... yeah. I can so totally see that.
(I just got through the episode where she spends multiple days -trying to provoke one of the others into bopping her on the head-, just out of solidarity with Ritsu who's always getting bopped...)


#6, RE: TFLF Chapter 2
Posted by Gryphon on Oct-03-14 at 03:13 PM
In response to message #2
>Well, there was Ritsu, with her casual "That's our Mugi-chan."
>Like she -expects- Mugi to come up with something totally
>off-the-wall, like, oh, I dunno, a vacation home on Suomi IV....

That, and I suspect she wasn't entirely paying attention to what Mugi actually said, because Ritchan. (In fact, I forgot to note, and have since corrected, that everyone sort of absently agrees with her there, because it hasn't actually hit any of them what Mugi said until Mio speaks up a few seconds later. :)

>(I just got through the episode where she spends multiple days -trying
>to provoke one of the others into bopping her on the head-, just out
>of solidarity with Ritsu who's always getting bopped...)

Hee, that episode has one of the best-timed breaks to commercial ever.

"The thing is... I'd like you... to whack me on the head!"

"Uh..."

(traffic sounds)

"... you what?"

(Oh hey, rechecking the dialogue, I just noticed that the clothes Azalynn borrowed from Yui in Chapter 1 are from this episode. Yui's wearing them in the next scene, when they're all at summer school. I knew I remembered her having an outfit like that from somewhere.)

--G.
-><-
Benjamin D. Hutchins, Co-Founder, Editor-in-Chief, & Forum Mod
Eyrie Productions, Unlimited http://www.eyrie-productions.com/
zgryphon at that email service Google has
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.


#4, RE: TFLF Chapter 2
Posted by Peter Eng on Oct-03-14 at 01:53 PM
In response to message #1
>
>Well, I have rather suspected for a while now that the Kotobuki
>Group is actually some kind of vast extralegal syndicate, and the
>things like the music store the girls go to and that tea shop they
>worked at in one episode are just the Legitimate Fronts. In this
>view, Mugi is sort of the family's Michael Corleone. You can see her
>in her mid-20s, talking with her mysterious never-seen father about
>how he always hoped she would be Senator Kotobuki, or
>Governor Kotobuki, or something...
>

Two years later, he might end up eating those words.

Peter Eng
--
"Senator, hm? I have thousands of fans and a LightningWeb connection on my GearPhone. I think I can arrange that."


#3, RE: TFLF Chapter 2
Posted by Peter Eng on Oct-03-14 at 01:48 PM
In response to message #0
>Wait, when did it become Friday? Anyway, on with the show!
>
>-I'm really enjoying these pieces, in spite of (well, okay, because
>of) the fact that there's nothing really going on.
>

Well, nothing's exploding, and there aren't giant robots or lightsabers or swordfights, but things are going on.

>
>Mr. Horigame throwing the horns was excellent.
>

Yes, it was. It shows his strength of character.

Peter Eng
--
Insert humorous comment here.


#5, RE: TFLF Chapter 2
Posted by Gryphon on Oct-03-14 at 03:01 PM
In response to message #3
>>Mr. Horigame throwing the horns was excellent.
>
>Yes, it was. It shows his strength of character.

Horigome's retraction was inspired by one of my favorite moments in From the Earth to the Moon - in episode 10, "Galileo Was Right", when Dave Scott and Jim Irwin find the Genesis Rock, and Dr. Pemberton (the geologist who opposed most of the hands-on training for the astronauts as a waste of time and the Hadley Rille landing site as too dangerous) turns to his colleague who advocated all those things and says, "Dr. Silver, I stand corrected."

--G.
-><-
Benjamin D. Hutchins, Co-Founder, Editor-in-Chief, & Forum Mod
Eyrie Productions, Unlimited http://www.eyrie-productions.com/
zgryphon at that email service Google has
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.