Go back to previous page
Forum URL: http://www.eyrie-productions.com/Forum/dcboard.cgi
Forum Name: The Legacy of Korra
Topic ID: 82
#0, Process Pitfalls
Posted by Gryphon on Sep-01-14 at 02:30 AM
The problem with writing a scene where anyone plays "Money for Nothing" is that I end up listening to it like 20 times and nothing gets accomplished for ages.

--G.
And oh hey, check out Mark's guitar there.
-><-
Benjamin D. Hutchins, Co-Founder, Editor-in-Chief, & Forum Mod
Eyrie Productions, Unlimited http://www.eyrie-productions.com/
zgryphon at that email service Google has
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.


#1, RE: Process Pitfalls
Posted by Nathan on Sep-01-14 at 04:41 AM
In response to message #0
LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-14 AT 04:48 AM (EDT)
 
Can't find no reasons for your actions. Or I don't much like the reasoning you use. Somehow your motives are impure, somehow I can't find the cure - can't find no antidote for blues.

-----

(...Alternately, it just works with all sorts of Dire Straits tunes.)


#2, RE: Process Pitfalls
Posted by Pasha on Sep-01-14 at 11:57 PM
In response to message #1
>Can't find no reasons for your actions. Or I don't much like the
>reasoning you use. Somehow your motives are impure, somehow I can't
>find the cure - can't find no antidote for blues.
>
>-----
>
>(...Alternately, it just works with all sorts of Dire Straits tunes.)

Some days you're the Louisville slugger, baby. Sometimes you're the ball.
Some days it all come together now, some days it don't come at all.

--
-Pasha
"Don't change the subject"
"Too slow, already did."


#4, RE: Process Pitfalls
Posted by Gryphon on Sep-09-14 at 01:10 AM
In response to message #2
>Some days you're the Louisville slugger, baby. Sometimes you're the ball.
>Some days it all come together now, some days it don't come at all.

My life it makes perfect sense
Lust and food and violence
Sex and money, my major kicks
Get me in a fight, I like the dirty tricks
'Cause if you wanna run cool
If you wanna run cool
Yes if you wanna run cool
Now you got to run
On heavy, heavy fuel

--G.
Astonishingly, when Serious Avatar Business played this one live, there were always people who A) didn't realize it was a cover and B) didn't realize it was a joke.
-><-
Benjamin D. Hutchins, Co-Founder, Editor-in-Chief, & Forum Mod
Eyrie Productions, Unlimited http://www.eyrie-productions.com/
zgryphon at that email service Google has
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.


#5, RE: Process Pitfalls
Posted by Pasha on Sep-09-14 at 02:05 AM
In response to message #4
LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-14 AT 02:05 AM (EDT)
 
>>Some days you're the Louisville slugger, baby. Sometimes you're the ball.
>>Some days it all come together now, some days it don't come at all.
>
>My life it makes perfect sense
>Lust and food and violence
>Sex and money, my major kicks
>Get me in a fight, I like the dirty tricks
>'Cause if you wanna run cool
>If you wanna run cool
>Yes if you wanna run cool
>Now you got to run
>On heavy, heavy fuel
>


Elder Days Story Time:

Aeons ago, I was a) 16 and b) hanging out in the IRC channel for one of the alt.fan newsgroups<1>, and people started quoting various song lyrics<2>. Like you do. Heavy Fuel popped onto the stereo, and I'm like "hell yeah, this song is awesome, I should share it with the class!"

So, I'm typing away, and in the middle of it, an older guy (looking back, he was probably younger than I am now, but..) who had a problem with the "kids" in the channel being annoying joins right as I get to the part "I had sixteen hamburgers, scotch all night, nicotine for breakfast just to put me right". So he gets a danish and then kickbans me /m "Lying little twat".

I couldn't decide if I wanted to like, throw a ragefest and do, I dunno, something nasty to him <3> or just slow clap at how dumb he was. One of my eternal regrets is that I never got logs for what happened right after that. :)

--
-Pasha (Who's .sig has been very relevant over the last couple of months)
"Don't change the subject"
"Too slow, already did."

<1> Because I was one of the COOL kids when I was 16, lemme tell you.
<2> Because why be on topic in any IRC channel devoted to a thing?
<3> Being as he was, iirc, in Glasgow, this was probably a non-starter


#7, RE: Process Pitfalls
Posted by Gryphon on Sep-10-14 at 00:38 AM
In response to message #5
>One of my eternal regrets is that I never got logs for what
>happened right after that. :)

"You never studied, Fergus."

--G.
Asami doesn't mind if she doesn't make the scene
She's got a daytime job, she's doin' all right
She can play the honky tonk like anything
But she's savin' it up for Friday night

-><-
Benjamin D. Hutchins, Co-Founder, Editor-in-Chief, & Forum Mod
Eyrie Productions, Unlimited http://www.eyrie-productions.com/
zgryphon at that email service Google has
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.


#9, RE: Process Pitfalls
Posted by ebony14 on Sep-10-14 at 09:21 AM
In response to message #7
>>One of my eternal regrets is that I never got logs for what
>>happened right after that. :)
>
>"You never studied, Fergus."
>
>--G.
>Asami doesn't mind if she doesn't make the scene
>She's got a daytime job, she's doin' all right
>She can play the honky tonk like anything
>But she's savin' it up for Friday night

>-><-

Let's face it. Some people simply aren't cool enough to get the Dire Straits.


Ebony the Black Dragon

(I am just an aging drummer boy, and in the wars I used to play. And I've called a tune to many a tortured session.)

"Life is like an anole. Sometimes it's green. Sometimes it's brown. But it's always a small Caribbean lizard."


#3, RE: Process Pitfalls
Posted by Gryphon on Sep-09-14 at 01:00 AM
In response to message #0
LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-14 AT 01:00 AM (EDT)
 
And then there are the nights when you look at all the plot you have to get through in the next little while and think, That's gonna be an awful lot of work. What if I just sent the Art of Noise and Hōkago Tea Time on tour instead?

--G.
-><-
Benjamin D. Hutchins, Co-Founder, Editor-in-Chief, & Forum Mod
Eyrie Productions, Unlimited http://www.eyrie-productions.com/
zgryphon at that email service Google has
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.


#6, RE: Process Pitfalls
Posted by Peter Eng on Sep-09-14 at 02:30 AM
In response to message #3
>And then there are the nights when you look at all the plot you have
>to get through in the next little while and think, That's gonna be
>an awful lot of work. What if I just sent the Art of Noise and
>Hōkago Tea Time on tour instead?

>

Now I'm imagining combat-heavy plot and an Art of Noise tour running simultaneously, in different parts of the galaxy, allowing an omniscient being to see the fights with a soundtrack.

Peter Eng
--
I'm weird that way.


#8, RE: Process Pitfalls
Posted by Gryphon on Sep-10-14 at 00:46 AM
In response to message #6
>Now I'm imagining combat-heavy plot and an Art of Noise tour running
>simultaneously, in different parts of the galaxy, allowing an
>omniscient being to see the fights with a soundtrack.

"Ladies, sound goldfish warning, if you please."

--G.
-><-
Benjamin D. Hutchins, Co-Founder, Editor-in-Chief, & Forum Mod
Eyrie Productions, Unlimited http://www.eyrie-productions.com/
zgryphon at that email service Google has
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.