[ EPU Foyer ] [ Lab and Grill ] [ Bonus Theater!! ] [ Rhetorical Questions ] [ CSRANTronix ] [ GNDN ] [ Subterranean Vault ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ Gun of the Week ]

Eyrie Productions, Unlimited

Subject: "FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could"     Previous Topic | Next Topic
Printer-friendly copy    
Conferences Mini-Stories Topic #168
Reading Topic #168, reply 19
TheOtherSean
Member since Jul-7-08
237 posts
Apr-25-14, 11:56 PM (EDT)
Click to EMail TheOtherSean Click to send private message to TheOtherSean Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
19. "RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could"
In response to message #17
 
   >Except that we know that Grandpa Broadbank deliberately prevented his
>son from taking over when he retired, as he felt that Ephrem wasn't
>ready to lead the company. I doubt he left much, if any of his stock
>to his son later on; particularly in light of Mary receiving enough
>between her stock and Juri's to hold a controlling percentage.

I don't remember that detail, but it goes along with what I was saying. There's no evidence Ephrem actually owned a large block of stock - but he may have controlled a large block as guardian for his daughters. From S5 "Prelude in A Minor" we know between gifts from her grandparents, Mary had 45%, Elizabeth's shares were 10% (later gifted to Kaitlyn), and Juri's shares (gifted by MegaZone) were around 30%. That's 85% right there. Of the remaining 15%, maybe Clarissa received some, perhaps other outside investors, etc. - but there's no textual evidence I can find showing Ephrem holding any significant number of shares. With Clarissa's effective treason, even if she held shares, I'm not sure what would happen with them - maybe seized by the Zeta Cygni government and placed in escrow pending trial?

--
The Other Sean - Don't accept substitutes!
Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?


  Alert | IP Printer-friendly page | Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could [View All] Gryphonadmin Jan-14-14 TOP
   RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could Star Ranger4 Jan-14-14 1
      RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could Gryphonadmin Jan-14-14 2
          RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could Verbena Jan-14-14 4
              RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could Gryphonadmin Jan-14-14 5
      RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could Bad Moon Jan-14-14 3
          RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could MuninsFire Jan-14-14 7
   RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could SpottedKitty Jan-14-14 6
      RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could Gryphonadmin Jan-27-14 8
          RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could ebony14 Jan-28-14 9
   RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could Mercutio Apr-24-14 10
      RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could Gryphonadmin Apr-24-14 11
          RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could Mercutio Apr-24-14 12
              RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could Gryphonadmin Apr-24-14 13
                  RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could Mercutio Apr-24-14 14
                      RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could TheOtherSean Apr-24-14 15
                          RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could Droken Apr-25-14 17
                             RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could TheOtherSean Apr-25-14 19
                                  RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could Mercutio Apr-26-14 20
                                  RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could rwpikul Apr-27-14 21
                                  RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could Terminus Est Apr-27-14 22
                  RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could Polychrome Apr-25-14 16
                      RE: FI/TWI: Tyrants If They Could Gryphonadmin Apr-25-14 18


Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

[ YUM ] [ BIG ] [ ??!? ] [ RANT ] [ GNDN ] [ STORE ] [ FORUM ] GOTW ] [ VAULT ]

version 3.3 © 2001
Eyrie Productions, Unlimited
Benjamin D. Hutchins
E P U (Colour)