[ EPU Foyer ] [ Lab and Grill ] [ Bonus Theater!! ] [ Rhetorical Questions ] [ CSRANTronix ] [ GNDN ] [ Subterranean Vault ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ Gun of the Week ]

Eyrie Productions, Unlimited

Subject: "I know I'm not supposed to feel this way about Kei, but"     Previous Topic | Next Topic
Printer-friendly copy    
Conferences Undocumented Features General Topic #2099
Reading Topic #2099, reply 0
FredH
Member since Jul-8-08
14 posts
Aug-16-10, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FredH Click to send private message to FredH Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
"I know I'm not supposed to feel this way about Kei, but"

(MAJOR SPOILERS)

During the Exile, Kei hounds Gryphon for decade after decade, long past the point at which it's pretty obvious to every major character who knows the both of them that Gryphon is not, in fact, the Butcher of Musashi. In the course of that pursuit, she's perfectly okay with destroying a lot of lives: much of Gryphon's Starfleet crew, etc.

Granted everyone's eventually reconciled, a new generation is born, and so forth. But I can't help feeling as a reader that, dammit, between her instant loss of faith in someone she's loved for centuries, her obsessive seeming need to hate him long after there's been at least some hint of his innocence, and the death and destruction she leaves in her wake that's probably greater than the actual Butcher's, Kei does not deserve forgiveness or love. That's just a personal reaction, of course.

Alert | IP Printer-friendly page | Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
I know I'm not supposed to feel this way about Kei, but [View All] FredH Aug-16-10 TOP
   RE: I know I'm not supposed to feel this way about Kei, TheOtherSean Aug-16-10 1
      RE: I know I'm not supposed to feel this way about Kei, FredH Aug-16-10 2
      RE: I know I'm not supposed to feel this way about Kei, A Vile Gangster Aug-17-10 3
          RE: I know I'm not supposed to feel this way about Kei, BobSchroeck Aug-17-10 4
              RE: I know I'm not supposed to feel this way about Kei, Gryphonadmin Aug-17-10 5
                  RE: I know I'm not supposed to feel this way about Kei, Offsides Aug-17-10 6
                      RE: I know I'm not supposed to feel this way about Kei, A Vile Gangster Aug-18-10 7
                          RE: I know I'm not supposed to feel this way about Kei, The Traitor Aug-18-10 8
   RE: I know I'm not supposed to feel this way about Kei, JFerio Aug-19-10 9
      RE: I know I'm not supposed to feel this way about Kei, A Vile Gangster Aug-19-10 10

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

[ YUM ] [ BIG ] [ ??!? ] [ RANT ] [ GNDN ] [ STORE ] [ FORUM ] GOTW ] [ VAULT ]

version 3.3 © 2001
Eyrie Productions, Unlimited
Benjamin D. Hutchins
E P U (Colour)