[ EPU Foyer ] [ Lab and Grill ] [ Bonus Theater!! ] [ Rhetorical Questions ] [ CSRANTronix ] [ GNDN ] [ Subterranean Vault ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ Gun of the Week ]

Eyrie Productions, Unlimited

Subject: "WORLD ORDER"     Previous Topic | Next Topic
Printer-friendly copy    
Conferences General Topic #1509
Reading Topic #1509
Gryphonadmin
Charter Member
19257 posts
Sep-26-17, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gryphon Click to send private message to Gryphon Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
"WORLD ORDER"

I'm not 100% sure what I've witnessed here, other than it's awesome.

--G.
-><-
Benjamin D. Hutchins, Co-Founder, Editor-in-Chief, & Forum Mod
Eyrie Productions, Unlimited http://www.eyrie-productions.com/
zgryphon at that email service Google has
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Alert | IP Printer-friendly page | Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
WORLD ORDER [View All] Gryphonadmin Sep-26-17 TOP
  RE: WORLD ORDER Berk Sep-26-17 1
     RE: WORLD ORDER Gryphonadmin Sep-26-17 2
         RE: WORLD ORDER Berk Sep-26-17 3
             RE: WORLD ORDER Gryphonadmin Sep-26-17 4
  RE: WORLD ORDER Spectrum Sep-28-17 5
     RE: WORLD ORDER Gryphonadmin Oct-16-17 6

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic
Berk
Charter Member
750 posts
Sep-26-17, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Berk Click to send private message to Berk Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
1. "RE: WORLD ORDER"
In response to message #0

They have a lot of videos like this.

HAVE A NICE DAY is even more fun.

- Berk Watkins
Student of Quantum Bogodynamics

Gryphonadmin
Charter Member
19257 posts
Sep-26-17, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gryphon Click to send private message to Gryphon Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
2. "RE: WORLD ORDER"
In response to message #1

>They have a lot of videos like this.
>
>HAVE A NICE DAY is even more fun.

The part where they go to an aidoru concert was pleasingly meta. Also, I've read that the founder and (former) frontman is basically a retired Street Fighter character, which is wack. Rose was right. Japan is a great country. :)

--G.
-><-

Berk
Charter Member
750 posts
Sep-26-17, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Berk Click to send private message to Berk Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
3. "RE: WORLD ORDER"
In response to message #2

>The part where they go to an aidoru concert was pleasingly meta.

AKB48 no less, which is not so much a musical act as it is its own INDUSTRY.

- Berk Watkins
Student of Quantum Bogodynamics

Gryphonadmin
Charter Member
19257 posts
Sep-26-17, 08:35 PM (EST)
4. "RE: WORLD ORDER"
In response to message #3

>>The part where they go to an aidoru concert was pleasingly meta.
>
>AKB48 no less, which is not so much a musical act as it is its own
>INDUSTRY.

Heh, I'm not sure if Naka-chan in KanColle is card #48 as a reference to AKB48, or if she's an aidoru because she happened to be card #48 when they designed the game, but either way, I don't think it's a coincidence.

--G.
-><-

Spectrum
Member since Dec-25-13
10 posts
Sep-28-17, 03:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spectrum Click to send private message to Spectrum Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
5. "RE: WORLD ORDER"
In response to message #0

Oh! This is actually a thing I know a lot about. I used to be a huge, huge MMA fan for awhile (I still am to a degree but I don't religiously watch every PPV like I used to). WORLD ORDER is a pop/dance group founded by Genki Sudo, a former MMA fighter and world treasure. He's since stepped back from being a main performer to focus more on producing for them.

Genki Sudo is a unique guy (period, not just as a fighter). He was always a good to very good fighter (probably never great or even elite but there's no shame in that) and specifically a fairly dangerous grappler. And notably, he had a distinct fighting style that was impossible to copy. He was one of the only fighters ever who could throw a spinning backfist in a fight and have it be actually useful/not look stupid; he had a certain ability to just stop and taunt in the middle of a fight to really throw off the opponent's rhythm and not get punished for it; and he was capable of the fairly exotic for its time flying submission (wherein instead of bothering with that whole takedown and advance position thing, you just literally jump onto a guy while grabbing his arm and/or head and go straight into a submission attempt).

BUT, for all that what he might be most known for is his ring entrances: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHGwHx4Qxvk . I was pretty sad when he retired but then he announced WORLD ORDER and so hey, he didn't just disappear.

Gryphonadmin
Charter Member
19257 posts
Oct-16-17, 11:35 PM (EST)
6. "RE: WORLD ORDER"
In response to message #5

LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-17 AT 11:36 PM (EDT)

>BUT, for all that what he might be most known for is his ring
>entrances: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHGwHx4Qxvk .

So basically, he decided the heck with the beating people up part, I just want to do the showing up for the fight part full-time. (And then moved from there to mostly producing and directing, but then all true visionaries really want to direct. :)

Having watched a bunch more of them, my current favorite World Order video is "Singularity", in which (spoilers) the guys have a danceoff in a conference room with one of the three-letters-and-48 aidoru groups (there is evidently a whole national complex of these?), then everybody hits an amusement park. It's like "Have a Nice Day" with office ladies. :)

In terms of their choreography, I think my favorite parts are when they all bunch up together and do these intricate "dance machine" things. There's a really elaborate one in "Singularity", although slightly less boggling in its use of camera-angle tricks and depth-of-field illusions than the one in "Machine Civilization" (which is amazing).

I'm really taken with the depth of this act. At first glance it's just like, oh, OK, some guys in suits doing the Robot to some pretty good techno, which is fun enough, but there's some extremely sophisticated mime work (in the classic theatrical sense) going on in there. They're all very talented, and they're making it look a hell of a lot easier than I bet it actually is.

--G.
-><-

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

[ YUM ] [ BIG ] [ ??!? ] [ RANT ] [ GNDN ] [ STORE ] [ FORUM ] GOTW ] [ VAULT ]

version 3.3 © 2001
Eyrie Productions, Unlimited
Benjamin D. Hutchins
E P U (Colour)