- general yay: NXE brought to completion in a thoroughly satasfying manner.
- sub-yay: is improvement in "too many universes" problem for Zoner, yes?
"Six months ago it did not work," replied Kirishatov. "What
would have been point? 'Oh look! Glorious Soviet sculpture!' Times
have changed - I was not shot - but nevertheless, it did not work."
I liked this quote.
- San's conversation with Jon
San - I like her. She's cute, in a broken sort of way
This impression was only strengthened by her reaction to the approval of the Almighty.
- Asuka Soryu-Langley: Sorry, Lucifer. I only want you for your body.
I hit a mental pause shortly after that bit, and, on retrospect, found it immensely funny.
- the final battle, and its reinforcements: it's just like the Wizard of Oz. Shinji got courage. San got a heart. Ken Alda got the opportunity to pilot Super Techno Soldier Jet Alone and Help Save The World. Well...maybe not *just* like Oz.
-Also, I don't remember whether or not it's come up before - I only re-read the last of the regular series in prep, but...
It's a flags of all nations ref! A flags of all nations ref!
Thank you. That was definately worth reading. The moments of niftyness were sprinkled lierally throughout, the Laying It On Thick was kept to a fair minimum (the only bit I can recall was the paragraph on Love and Asuka's Drive To Win - and even that was cut with a bit of comedy at the end) and I wasn't left really hanging on any plot threads. I still wonder a little about *how* Durandal managed to get down to Hell. My best guess is that God Himself offered him the chance and he took it. That or something with the celestial side of SHODAN.
I was given a choice between this and sleep, tonight. I chose to read NXE. I think it was worth it.
You do good work.