Senior Aviation Lieutenant Sanya V. Juutilainen-Litvyak models the sort of mismatched, ad-hoc arsenal an Orussian soldier can generally be expected to sport at this stage of a long, disorderly war.
For those of you keeping score at home, she's carrying (from left to right and, where appropriate, top to bottom):
- An Orussian ППШ-41 (PPSh-41) submachine gun.
- A Belgican Nagant Model 1895 revolver.
- Another Nagant 1895 revolver.
- A Karlsland Model 24 Stielhandgranate.
- A bandolier of rifle ammunition—probably Orussian 7.62x54mmR cartridges, as used by the Mosin-Nagant rifle, even though she doesn't have one. (Possibly she's carrying it for Eila, who could be using a Suomi M/28-30 sniper rifle.)
- An Orussian RGD-33 fragmentation grenade.
- Three Liberion Mk II fragmentation grenades.
- An Orussian RPG-40 antitank hand grenade.
Doc scored us this image from Jeff Moy at C2E2 today. This is impressively quick turnaround, given that I thought of the spec for it literally yesterday, when, in the course of poking around online looking for Mosin-Nagant rifle accessories, I stumbled across this photograph of a heavily armed young Soviet soldier. "Man, we should get someone to draw Sanya loaded out like this," I said, and 30-odd hours later here we are. :)
Benjamin D. Hutchins, Co-Founder, Editor-in-Chief, & Forum Mod
Eyrie Productions, Unlimited http://www.eyrie-productions.com/
zgryphon at that email service Google has
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.